JDO Pools & Spas is proud to help commercial pool operators in the Richmond area maintain their pools in a safe and professional manner. As Certified Pool & Spa Operators, we have completed the most recognized operator training program in the industry which includes 14–16 hours of instruction in pool and spa chemistry, testing, treatment, filtration, maintenance, automatic feeding equipment, and government requirements.
We know that for a commercial pool operator, every day and every hour that a pool can’t be used by customers represents lost income. That’s why our repair and maintenance services for commercial customers prioritize completing tasks quickly and safely to minimize downtime.
For example, our exclusive partnership with ecoFINISH® allows us to refinish a pool in as little as 2-3 days, rather than weeks.
Commercial pool refinishing in days, not weeks with our premium pool finishes
JDO Pools & Spas is proud to be the only pool contractor in the Richmond area authorized to apply ecoFINISH® High Performance Coatings, such as the aquaBRIGHT™ premium finish for pools.
This thermo-polymer finish has many benefits over traditional pool finishes such as plaster. Some of the main benefits from the standpoint of a commercial pool operator include:
- A pool refinishing can be completed in as little as 2-3 days instead of the weeks it takes to refinish and cure a plaster pool.
- The aquaBRIGHT™ finish is chemical resistant and pH neutral, making it much easier to maintain the correct balance of chemicals in your pool.
- Compared to masonry finishes, aquaBRIGHT™ has a more uniform color.
- Because there is no cure time with aquaBRIGHT™, there is no need to immediately fill a pool with water after finishing (and thus no need to pay for trucked-in water).
- Making repairs to your pool is much easier when using aquaBRIGHT™ vs other types of finish.
- Reduce use of pool chemicals by up to 50%
JDO Pools & Spas is also a dealer for ArmorThane. ArmorThane can be used on a variety of other indoor and outdoor surfaces including restrooms, changing rooms, kitchens, decks, patios, fencing, fountains, ponds, and playground equipment.
With the ArmorThane coating, your surfaces will not need regular powerwashing and will be resistant to chemical erosion. Also, no staining or painting is required, and the coatings are available in a variety of colors.
Complimentary Safety Check for Commercial Pool Operators
JDO Pools & Spas is pleased to offer commercial pool operators in the Richmond area a free safety check on the status of their pools. This will give you important information about any potential issues at your pool that could have the potential to compromise safety or open you up to potential liability for accidents, such as expired drain lids or bonding issues.
Our free safety check covers the following items:
Most common safety issues at commercial pools
Although commercial pool operators do their best to keep their equipment up to date and abide by all safety regulations, sometimes certain items get overlooked. Here are the most common safety violations we see at commercial pools.
- Expired drain lids: The lids used on the drains in commercial pools actually have an expiration date, and need to be replaced in most cases every five years. When we do work at a commercial pool, about 90% of the time we find drain lids that are past the expiration date, potentially opening the pool operator up to major liability in the case of an accident.
- Bonding and grounding issues: Bonding and grounding involve safeguarding people swimming in a pool and safety around pool structures (eg. ladders, slides) from electric shock. Although these are similar issues, they are actually separate processes that need to be completed, but are sometimes not completed properly.